Advantage Healthcare India (AHCI) remains the leading event in South East Asia focused on the medical value travel industry attracting thought leaders from across the country and around the world. The upcoming 7th edition of AHCI shall witness the presence of all important stakeholder groups across the spectrum of the industry, ensuring rich takeaways and immense learning and networking opportunities for all participants. With more than 100+ exhibitors and 400+ hosted foreign delegates from 70+ countries expected, this is the unique place to engage with new leads and to connect with prospective customers and suppliers. The event would include an exhibition, B-2-B Meetings, a two-day Conference on Medical Value Travel, Hospital Visits, Wellness Pavilion, Dedicated Start Up Pavilion etc. Our endeavour, through the “Advantage Health Care – India” is to showcase India and its immense pool of medical capabilities as well as create opportunities for healthcare collaborations between the participating countries.
INDIA – THE NEW HUB OF MEDICAL VALUE TRAVEL
- India has emerged as a major hub for world-class health care and wellness services
- The primary reasons why people travel for medical purposes include the low cost of treatment abroad, cultural aspect of the healthcare provider, common language and specific procedures not available in the domestic country
- India is considered a hub for Oncology, cardiac care (bypass surgery), hip arthroplasty, knee replacement and heart transplant due to the affordable cost and high quality.
- In terms of alternate medical treatment, the Indian medical treatment systems of yoga, ayurveda, rejuvenation therapy and panchakarma are among the most ancient methods of medical treatment in the world
- Govt of India has launched a ‘Heal in India’ Portal for the promotion of Medical Value Travel which will leads to the exponential growth of the sector
- A growing sector globally, in 2021 medical value travel was estimated to have a market size of INR 3.9L crores around USD 49. 6 billion and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 29.3 % to reach a market size of 15L crores around USD 192.9 Billion by 2026
- Marketwise, 46% is dominated by Asia Pacific region including India i.e., it comes from USD 22.8 billion.
- Based on the Medical Tourism Index 2020-21, India is ranked 10th out of the top 46 countries, 12th out of the world’s top 20 wellness tourism markets and 5th out of 10 wellness tourism destinations in Asia-Pacific
- Bangladesh, Iraq, Maldives, Afghanistan, Oman, Yemen, Sudan, Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania account for about 88 per cent of the total international patients visiting India. Bangladesh alone accounts for 54 per cent of the total medical tourists
- The medical tourism industry in India gets maximum patients for heart surgery, knee transplant, cosmetic surgery and dental care as the cost of treatment in India is considered to be the lowest in Asia, much lower than Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore and Hong Kong
- The government has implemented various initiatives to push India’s rise as a hub of medical tourism through promotion of ayurveda, yoga and other Indian systems of medicine in the international market
Indian Medical Value Travel Industry
India is more affordable in terms of medical treatment and travel when compared to western countries. Medical travellers can save up to 50% compared to developed western countries. Also, the average 9 daily costs of travel within India is US$ 31 compared to USA having US$ 223.
Service & Care
The quality of medical service is one of the hallmarks of India's position in global MVT. Currently, there are 38 JCI and 619 NABH accredited hospitals. Even being affordable, the mortality rate after 30 days of surgery is less in India (1.4%) compared to USA (1.9%) which shows the quality of post-operative care provided by the Indian health service providers.
Visa-on-arrival & e-medical visa facility has been initiated allowing foreign nationals to stay in India for short term medical treatment. No waiting for foreign patients in Indian hospitals facilitating quick service.